This form of direct marketing uses e-mails as a means of communicating a message to an audience. E-mail marketing is effective for several reasons:
- Gives an exact return on investment can be tracked and has proven to be high when done properly.
- Your business can reach substantial numbers of e-mail subscribers who have opted in (i.e., consented) to receive e-mail communications on subjects of interest to them.
- Over half of Internet users check or send e-mail on a typical day.
- E-mail allows businesses to reach out to consumers with personalized, relevant, dynamic messages.
- Transactional e-mails allow businesses to respond automatically to important consumer events like purchases.